NRA Basic Pistol Phase 2
Who is this course for?
This course is a designed for the student who has already completed the online portion of the NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Course (Phase 1).
What can you expect?
This course builds off the NRA Basic Pistol Phase 1 completed by students online. Phase 2 is the hands-on portion of Basic Pistol in which you will learn how to determine your dominant eye, proper two-handed grip, the five fundamentals of pistol shooting, and much more.
What materials will you be provided?
NRA student completion certificate. Handbooks will not be provided in this course. Please bring the NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting book you received from Phase 1.
The Course Outline:
- Firearm and Range safety.
- Explain range commands and procedures to follow.
- Fundamentals including determination of dominant eye, assuming a proper two-handed grip, and demonstrating the five fundamentals of pistol shooting.
- Loading, cocking, de-cocking, unloading, and pistol maintenance.
- Shooting positions (both bench rest and the two-handed grip) and shooting qualifications.
- Safely shoot a target from the bench rest and the two-handed standing position.
How do you enroll?
First enroll and sign up for the online course at NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Course
Once you have completed the online course, taken the test, and downloaded your certificate, sign up for the next available class here.
Bring the following with you to class:
- A printout of your Phase 1 online certificate.
- Eye and ear protection.
- Your handgun if you have one, locked in a case, unloaded.
- Proper ammunition if you have a handgun, 200 rounds.
- Drinks, snacks, and an eager to learn attitude!